WhatsApp Payment is now live in INDIA:
Every one is familiar with whatsapp. With Whatsapp you can message to family or friends for free. Whatsapp has lot of features which makes its much more familiar than other apps. You can share images,videos and calling is also free. But now with whatsapp payment you can also send money to your whatsapp contacts.
Yes with Whatsapp now you can send money .
Approximately as of dec 2017 their are 1.5bn Whatsapp users worldwide. For more information related to the stats visit https://www.statista.com/topics/2018/whatsapp/. From this we can understand how popular is whatsapp. Every day our day starts with mobile. In today’s world we use mobile for almost every thing. Not only to communicate but to share to make payments to book tickets etc.. the list goes on. One most common thing we all use mobile is to send money. Their are many apps through which you can send money . But now its more simple with wahtsapp. The new feature payment option is available in whatsapp. With this feature you can send money to your friends in whatsapp contacts.
Note: To use this feature first you must have whatsapp, your mobile number linked to your account and Your bank must have UPI facility (Unified Payment Interface). UPI means A Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is a single window mobile payment system launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). TO know more about UPI please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Payments_Interface
Follow the below steps to set up whatsapp payment:
- If you have whatsapp then follow from step-2 other wise first install the whatsapp and then do register with your mobile number.
- Now on the top right corner you will find three dots, click on them.
- Scroll down select settings and select the payments option.
- Click on Accept and continue button.
- Select bank account with which you are having account with registered mobile number.
- If your have bank account registered with UPI Services your bank account displayed automatically just select to add. That’s it you are done or else follow the below steps.
- If your not registered with UPI services then firs add your bank account details.
- After you add the bank details you will be asked to register with UPI services.
- When you Register with UPI service a message will be sent from your mobile and you will get a OTP enter. Enter The OTP and create you UPI PIN. This PIN is used in future for any transactions.
- That’s it you are all set to use now whatsapp payment.
- You will find your Bank accounts in payment settings.
How to send money using whatsapp payment:
Note: To send or receive money you and your friend must complete the above setup.
To send the money click the contact open the chat and select the paper pin button. you will find the payment icon. Click on it enter the amount and enter the UPI PIN. Amount will be transferred instantly to your friends account.